Imagine Kootenay Program Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Imagine Kootenay (IK) Program Manager is responsible for leading the attraction of investment and a diversified workforce to the Kootenay Boundary region through the IK Program. This is a 10-month contract for a 28-hour per week position starting in July 2017 with a preference for an East Kootenay based contractor. Closing date for applications is Friday, June 16, 2017.
Program: IK is a regional economic development partnership committed to raising the profile of the Kootenays as a place to invest and work; informing investors about the regional business climate; supporting communities to be investor ready; showcasing specific investment opportunities; highlighting the variety of careers and remote work opportunities available. The IK partnership is governed by its community partners through a Steering Committee and delivered by Community Futures Central Kootenay based out of Nelson, BC.
- Successful delivery of the IK Program by leading the development and implementation of a strategic plan and related work plan;
- Financial management – ensures IK funds are spent effectively to achieve the goals of IK as well as managing and reporting on IK budget;
- Relationship management – liaising closely with community partners, program partners and program funders;
- Marketing – development of online, print, outdoor and social media marketing campaigns and collateral.
- Reporting – provides quarterly reports to the Steering Committee and funders demonstrating program performance; and
- Human resources – responsible for providing leadership and direction to IK staff (part-time Coordinator) and consultants for work to support IK.
- Development, implementation and tracking of annual work plan and budget;
- Maintain regular communication with all partners;
- Support community partners with outreach, investor readiness and action planning;
- Provide presentations and follow-up information to new/potential Imagine Kootenay community partners;
- Conduct community presentations, orientation/training, and local partner action planning meetings, as needed;
- Identify tools to link opportunity holders to identified resources regarding succession planning, business valuation services, other strategies and supports;
- Update, implement and track annual marketing plan and budget;
- Develop partnerships with key program and marketing partners;
- Network with key stakeholders/partners to promote IK to investors and job seekers;
- Liaison with media;
- Provide website content and resources; and
- Participate in and prepare performance reports for quarterly Steering Committee meetings, including annual strategic planning.
- University degree, college diploma, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants with 2 or more years of experience working in community or economic development in a local or regional setting.
- Planning, organization, and project management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with community representatives and economic development organizations important to the Imagine Kootenay partnership.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and deliver public presentations.
- Ability to lead discussions in group settings.
- Ability to create and track program budgets and program metrics.
- Communication skills related to marketing, public relations and social media.
- Computer skills including creating spreadsheets and presentations.
- Strong social media skills including use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Hootsuite.
- The contractor must be able to able to provide their own work space;
- Access to a vehicle and able to travel (may require overnight travel); and
- Able to work outside of regular work hours from time to time to attend meetings and events.
Closing date for applications is Friday, June 16, 2017. Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.