The main office for Community Futures Central Kootenay is located at 201-514 Vernon Street in Nelson B.C.
There is an accessible parking space in front of Jackson’s Hole (on the same block) as well as metered parking in front of our office.
- Use the wheelchair ramp located on the left side of the building (look for the WorkBC office signs)
- Take the elevator to the second floor
- On the second floor, you will see the WorkBC office in front of you, to get to the Community Futures office, follow the signs to the bathroom (on your right)
- Go past the bathrooms, through another door and you are in the Community Futures office
- The main reception area is fairly open. From there, you can access our Library
- The main training room and computer lab are down a moderately narrow hallway, through a door (that is always open).
Parking and Transit
There is parking in front of our building. The accessibility parking spot is located to the left of the building in front of Jackson’s Hole. Parking is free at the meters in the City of Nelson for those with an accessibility parking permit. Time restrictions apply.
The closest BC Transit stop is one and a half blocks from our office at the corner of Ward Street and Baker Street. To reach the Community Futures office, go down the hill on Ward street and turn right at Vernon Street or, for less slope, from the Ward-Baker intersection, turn right on Baker street, then left on Josephine, then left on Vernon. If you need the ramp, it is located at the WorkBC doors on the left side of the building.
The handyDart is also available for pick-up and drop-off. For more information visit the City of Nelson’s website.