Exporting allows you to expand the horizons of your small business beyond the local market. Export Navigator’s community-based advisors provide FREE support and ongoing guidance to help your business grow outside of B.C. Whether you need export advice or help with developing export strategies and researching new markets, we are standing by to connect you with expert guidance.
Our advisors offer:
- An export readiness assessment
- A business readiness assessment
- Market entry strategy support
- Market tools and information
- Streamlined service connections to support services
Export Navigator is a partnership, with support provided by the Province of B.C., the Government of Canada, Small Business BC, Community Futures organizations, and Women’s Enterprise Centre.
ARE YOU READY TO SELL BEYOND YOUR CURRENT MARKET?
- Has your company received sales inquiries from outside of British Columbia?
- Does your company have excess production capacity or the ability to scale operations?
- Is your company’s management willing to dedicate time and money to develop a new market for a sustained period of time?
- Is your company willing to conduct market research?
- Does your product or service have a competitive advantage (quality, price, innovation, etc.) over similar products in your target market?
- Is your company able to secure financing to adapt, ship, and market your product in your target market?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Diversifies Your Customer Base: expanding to new markets increases the size of your target market, may broaden your product offering, and offset seasonal fluctuations in sales.
- Increases Profitability: increased production generally leads to economies of scale and decreased cost per unit, which increases your profit margins.
- Fosters Innovation: expanding to new markets fosters innovation in your goods and services, which enhances your competitiveness.
You’ll receive in-person guidance from an advisor with advanced knowledge in market expansion strategies. Advisors connect businesses to the services they need, saving them time and money.
Entering new markets takes time. Export Navigator’s goal is to help businesses work efficiently and effectively towards achieving their identified opportunities. Export Navigator will help you create a growth plan that works for you.
You’ll need to commit time and resources to the research, planning and implementation of a market growth strategy. Strong program candidates are businesses that can scale up operations, are willing to adapt, and are able to self-fund or obtain financing for a sustained expansion strategy.
No. Essential services (market entry readiness assessment, business needs assessment, etc.) are free. Clients referred to third party service providers for additional support may be subject to a fee for services.
If you own a growth-oriented small or medium-sized business in B.C., the first step is to apply. You’ll be asked to complete a self-assessment and meet with an advisor to determine if your business is right for Export Navigator. Businesses must be willing to commit resources to the planning process, and sustaining a market-entry strategy.
- Community Futures Central Kootenay: Michael Hoher, Export Advisor. Email: email@example.com
Export Navigator also provides services in the following regions:
- Cariboo & Northeast Cariboo, Community Futures Fraser Fort George Northeast, Community Futures Peace Liard
- North Okanagan, Community Futures North Okanagan
- Pacific Northwest, Community Futures Pacific Northwest
- Vancouver Island North, Community Futures Alberni-Clayoquot
- Vancouver Island South, Community Futures Cowichan
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through the Ministry of Jobs, Trade and Technology, and the Government of Canada through Western Economic Diversification Canada.