Community Futures’ workshops cover the gamut of business skills on the following topics:
- Marketing and social media
- Bookkeeping and finances
- Basic web design
- Photography and filmmaking for small business
- Computer and bookkeeping labs
- Human Resources
For a PDF of upcoming Community Futures Central Kootenay workshops, click here: Spring 2020 Workshop Schedule. Or to search Community Futures Central Kootenay workshops by Topic, Keywords, Community or Venue click here: Workshop Calendar
- Registration is required a minimum of three days prior to the course
- All workshops are filled on a first-come first-served basis
- Register early as workshops will be cancelled if the minimum attendance is not met
- To register, call the Community Futures office at (250) 352-1933, ext. 100
Workshop prices vary depending on the course, please refer to the Spring 2020 Workshop Schedule for details.
Trainers and Classes:
Community Futures’ instructors are chosen for their approachability and skills. All have excellent qualifications and wealth of experience in their field. Their understanding of entrepreneurial needs creates a warm, supportive atmosphere in the classroom.
Classes are also an excellent opportunity to network with other business owners and exchange skills!
Your classroom time will be informative, relaxed, hands-on, and engaging.
The majority of our workshops are held in our Small Business Training Centre at: 201-514 Vernon Street at Ward, in Nelson (above Canada Post)
Classes are also held in Creston, Castlegar, and Nakusp.