NOTE: at this time, all workshops are delivered virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Community Futures’ workshops cover the gamut of business skills on the following topics:
- Marketing and social media
- Bookkeeping and finances
- Basic web design
- Photography and filmmaking for small business
- Computer and bookkeeping labs
- Human Resources
For a PDF of upcoming Community Futures Central Kootenay workshops, click here: Spring 2022 Workshop Schedule.
- Registration is required a minimum of three business days prior to the course
- All workshops are filled on a first-come first-served basis
- Register early as workshops will be cancelled if the minimum attendance is not met
- Tickets are purchased through our Eventbrite booking system
- Issues with registration? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Community Futures office at (250) 352-1933, ext. 100
Workshop prices vary depending on the course, please refer to the Spring 2022 Workshop Schedule for details.
Trainers and Classes:
Community Futures’ instructors are chosen for their approachability and skills. All have excellent qualifications and wealth of experience in their field. Their understanding of entrepreneurial needs creates a warm, supportive atmosphere in the classroom.
Classes are also an excellent opportunity to network with other business owners and exchange skills!
Your classroom time will be informative, relaxed, hands-on, and engaging.
Currently, our workshops are being delivered via Zoom Video Conferencing.
When in-person is safe, we may return to holding some of our workshops in our Small Business Training Centre at our Nelson office: 201-514 Vernon Street at Ward (above Canada Post). Classes are also held in Creston, Castlegar, and Nakusp.
Parking can be tricky in Nelson. Plan to come early so you don’t feel rushed.
Parkade: day rate stalls are available on a first-come-first-serve basis at the Nelson parkade for $5 per day. The Nelson parkade is located at 420 Vernon Street, between Ward and Stanley Streets.