NOTE: at this time, all workshops are delivered virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Community Futures’ workshops cover the gamut of business skills on the following topics:
- Marketing and social media
- Bookkeeping and finances
- Basic web design
- Photography and filmmaking for small business
- Computer and bookkeeping labs
- Human Resources
For a PDF of upcoming Community Futures Central Kootenay workshops, click here: Winter (January-March) 2021 Workshop Schedule. Or to search Community Futures Central Kootenay workshops by Topic, Keywords, Community or Venue click here: Workshop Calendar
- Registration is required a minimum of three days prior to the course
- All workshops are filled on a first-come first-served basis
- Register early as workshops will be cancelled if the minimum attendance is not met
- To register, email email@example.com or call the Community Futures office at (250) 352-1933, ext. 100
Workshop prices vary depending on the course, please refer to the Winter 2021 Workshop Schedule for details.
Trainers and Classes:
Community Futures’ instructors are chosen for their approachability and skills. All have excellent qualifications and wealth of experience in their field. Their understanding of entrepreneurial needs creates a warm, supportive atmosphere in the classroom.
Classes are also an excellent opportunity to network with other business owners and exchange skills!
Your classroom time will be informative, relaxed, hands-on, and engaging.
At this time, our workshops are being held as webinars using Zoom video conferencing. For information on how to use Zoom, check out our Zoom guide.
Parking can be tricky in Nelson. Plan to come early so you don’t feel rushed.
Parkade: day rate stalls are available on a first-come-first-serve basis at the Nelson parkade for $5 per day. The Nelson parkade is located at 420 Vernon Street, between Ward and Stanley Streets.