Community Futures Central Kootenay is committed to increasing community and regional capacity through community economic development (CED). We aim to nurture partnerships, inspire innovative thinking, develop best practice initiatives, and promote a healthy, vibrant economic future for our area.
Our CED Mandate:
- Increase capacity to the Central Kootenay region;
- Foster CED partnerships;
- Provide leadership to the region;
- Provide programs including Business Loans, Self-Employment, Basin Business Advisors, Imagine Kootenay, Cannabis Business Transition Initiative, Export Navigator, Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot, and Small Business Training Centre; and
- Enable communities in Central Kootenay to act on CED opportunities.
- Regional & local economic development
- Entrepreneurial support
- Access to capital: Business Loans Program, Self-Employment Programs
- Economic development planning and focus (i.e. Business Vitality Index)
- Capacity building: training, regional CED forums
- Catalyst for government funding to communities: Softwood Industry Community Economic Adjustment Initiative (SICEAI), Community Economic Development Opportunity (CEDO), Community Investment Support Program (CISP).
- Local and regional initiatives: Imagine Kootenay, Community Investment Support Program (CISP), Nelson and Area Economic Development Partnership (NAEDP)
- Stimulate economic growth: business loans, training, business counselling
- New economic development resources: GrowthStart, Internet Business Development for Entrepreneurs (IBDE)
- Partnerships and networks