The Export Navigator Program is a provincial and federal government initiative that aims to address the issues business owners encounter in exporting, to remove barriers to growing and expanding a company. The Program provides businesses with access to community-based Export Advisors who provide a personalized, step-by-step approach to exporting and help connect businesses to the appropriate programs, services, and contacts at every stage of the export process.
Community Futures Central Kootenay is the Export Navigator service provider for the Kootenay Boundary region. We are seeking a qualified contractor to be an Export Advisor to work with local businesses on the benefits of exporting and assist them through the exporting process.
The ideal candidate will have successful experience related to the following:
- Business owner or corporate management experience in, and responsibility for, business expansion and diversification
- International experience for an understanding and appreciation of other business cultures
- Exposure to all aspects of business operations and understand the important interdependency between a company’s departments and the impact to each when expanding or exporting
- Experience selling products/services in other jurisdictions, provinces, or countries
- Existing network and relationships with Kootenay Boundary entrepreneurs and business development service providers
In this role the Export Navigator Advisor will:
- Promote the benefits of exporting as a way for a company to grow and diversify
- Be an advisor and coach to clients to assist them through the exporting process
- Take clients through an export-readiness diagnostic, work with them through the Export Navigator process and towards their export goals
- Creating timely and appropriate referrals to service providers
- Be motivated and proactive to seek out companies and opportunities to promote the Export Navigator Program throughout the region
- Have a flexible schedule and travel to meet with clients throughout the Kootenay Boundary and participate in program training workshops
- Attend partner events and conduct export-related workshops in the Kootenay Boundary, ideally with business and community partners
- Fulfil the tracking and reporting requirements of the Program Training and ongoing support is provided from the Export Navigator
A competitive compensation package is available based on experience. The hours of work for this position will be approximately 25 hours per week. Contract duration is from December 2021 to March 31, 2022 with an opportunity to extend subject to ongoing program funding. This is a contract position with the expectation that the contractor will be remote-based in the West Kootenay area and provide their own equipment.
Please inquire via email to:
Andrea Wilkey, Executive Director, Community Futures Central Kootenay at email@example.com and include a summary of relevant experience and qualifications as well as hourly rate expectations.
Expressions of interest will be reviewed as they are received, and this position will remain open until filled. Only selected candidates contacted.