Self-Employment Administrative Assistant
The Self-Employment (SE) Administrative Assistant provides program data and filing support to the SE Program. This includes but is not limited to: preparing contracts, electronic and physical file maintenance, and other administrative duties as needed. This is a part-time position, two days (14 hours) per week, based in Nelson.
WorkBC ICM (Integrated Case Management Software)
- At intake, responsible for ensuring all physical and electronic client files contain necessary documents, and confirming client eligibility for SE.
- Calculate Financial supports based on EI eligibility and end dates, commuting distance and dependent children (considering other provincial supports).
- Modify Action Plans, childcare subsidy, financial support forms.
- Generate contracts, communicate with clients through ICM, phone and email.
- Manage and monitor clients’ EI status making sure client is receiving appropriate financial supports.
- Inform SE Manager and/or SE Program Administrator of any gaps in follow ups or contacts.
- Update and maintain client cases through different phases of SE program.
- Liaise with clients to ensure help ensure program ICM and file requirements are met.
Client File Management
- Setting up all new client files (electronic and paper files).
- Responsible for ensuring all physical and electronic client files contain necessary documents to be in compliance with CFCK standards or Ministry guidelines.
- Prepare for and participate in file audits conducted by the Ministry, and financial audits by CFCK auditor.
- Manage and maintain all client files including processing paperwork submitted monthly.
- Ensuring billing points are captured in KCDS Cash flow, ICM and Part 2$ file.
- Filing, closing and archiving all files, prepping files for return to WorkBC.
- Collection and documentation of time sheets from Nelson, Castlegar, Nakusp and Creston clients.
- Provide reception coverage when needed. This role supports reception in a greater capacity than other staff, due to volume of SE Program clients on-site and level of progress reporting.
- Act as first point of contact for the general public to programs offered by Community Futures, and help to screen potential SE clients for concept suitability (ensure client meets with CM at WorkBC Centre at KCDS for eligibility and referral).
- Provide administrative support to general operations and to the SE program.
- Answer phone calls and emails, deal with walk-in clients and general public, direct inquiries.
- Provide prospective CFCK clients, and community counselling clients with information on CF Programs.
- Delivery Business Planning Content (content prepared by SE Program Manager) to SE Clients when needed, and only on occasional/relief basis.
Reports to: SE Program Manager
Works with: SE Program Administrator
External Relationships: KCDS, WorkBC, Self-employment Clients, General CF Clients.
Education: High school diploma, post-secondary education in the area office administration is desirable.
Work Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in an administrative or similar role in an office environment.
Other: Must provide a current criminal records check for working with marginalized populations.
This position closes Thursday, August 8th, 2019.
Please, submit a cover letter & resume (electronic) to Paul Kelly, email@example.com, and include ‘SE Admin Application’ in the subject line.