June 3, 2020
Proposals must be received by midnight on June 30, 2020.
Imagine Kootenay Proponents Call – Q&A (updated June 26, 2020)
Watch proponents call:
The proponents call was held on June 15, 2020.
The Imagine Kootenay (IK) Partnership is seeking a proponent to deliver the IK Program from August 2020-March 2022 with the opportunity for ongoing program delivery contingent upon the proponent securing ongoing program funding. The successful proponent will be responsible for leading the attraction of investment and a diversified workforce to the Kootenay Boundary region through the IK Program.
Imagine Kootenay is a regional economic development partnership committed to raising the profile of the Kootenay region as a great place to invest, work and live; informing investors about the regional business climate; supporting communities to be investor ready; showcasing specific investment opportunities; and highlighting the variety of careers and remote work opportunities available.
The IK partnership is governed by its community partners through a Steering Committee and has been delivered by Community Futures Central Kootenay since 2005.
- Successful delivery of the IK Program by leading the development and implementation of a strategic plan and related work plan;
- Marketing – development of online, print, outdoor and social media marketing campaigns and collateral and sub-contracting web developers, graphic designers as required;
- Website Management – development and maintenance of IK website to ensure content is compelling and current;
- Content – support the development of community profiles, investment profiles, employer profiles and related web and social media content;
- Relationship management – liaising closely with community partners, program partners and program funders;
- Program sustainability – identifies and secures program funding to ensure the sustainability of the IK program which could involve developing and implementing new revenue streams, securing grant funding and on-going leveraging of community funds;
- Financial management – ensures IK funds are spent effectively to achieve the goals of IK as well as managing and reporting on IK budget to community partners and funders;
- Reporting – provides quarterly reports to the Steering Committee and funders demonstrating program performance;
- Steering Committee – prepare and participate in quarterly Steering Committee meetings.
- COVID-19 Response – identify and implement strategies for the IK Program to support economic recovery for the Kootenay region.
Currently the IK Program is funded by community partner funds which are leveraged through grants. IK’s community partner contribution totals close to $100k annually and has an additional $250,000 in leveraged funds ($150,000 to be spent by March 2021 and $100,000 to be spent by March 2023). An opportunity exists for the contractor to increase this budget by developing revenue streams, growing community partner contributions and leveraging funds through grant applications and partnerships.
IK currently operates with a team of contractors that support project management, web development, social media content and media buying. This team of contractors could be further engaged by the successful proponent if desired.
Proposals should include:
- an outline of the proponent’s relevant qualifications and experience (knowledge of the Kootenay Boundary region is an asset);
- methodology for delivering IK’s key accountabilities; and
- budget for delivery to include wages/professional fees, marketing budget, website costs and any other substantial budget categories as needed.
No Obligation to Proceed
This RFP is not a tender or an agreement to purchase goods or services. IK is not bound to select a preferred Proponent or to enter into a Contribution Agreement with the Proponent who submits the lowest-priced Proposal or with any Proponent, and IK reserves the complete right to at any time reject
all Proposals and to terminate this RFP process.
Proposals should be emailed to email@example.com by midnight on Tuesday, June 30, 2020.