The Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) is a community-led immigration program designed to bring skilled permanent residents to rural communities. The goal of the program is to spread the benefits of economic immigration to communities outside of large metropolitan centres. The West Kootenay region has partnered with Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to develop a program that works best for our community by prioritizing skilled immigrants who intend to make the West Kootenay region their home.
Community Futures Central Kootenay is the RNIP service provider for the West Kootenay region. We are seeking qualified contractors to support the implementation of the program including Employer Liaison and Administrative Assistant.
The Contractor will perform the following activities including, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of RNIP including Federal immigration programs
- Verify employment opportunities
- Coordinate candidate interviews and Steering Committee meetings and take minutes
- Maintain West Kootenay RNIP website content
- Draft RNIP activity reports
- Report to the Regional Coordinator progress, opportunities and challenges bi‐weekly
- Produce and submit a monthly time tracking report along with an invoice by the 16th of each month throughout the contract period.
The ideal candidate will have successful experience related to the following:
- Previous Administrative training/experience
- Employer service programs
- Existing network and relationships with West Kootenay employers.
- Federal Immigration programs
- Familiar with all Microsoft Office 365 applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams as well as Zoom.
- Strong writing and editing skills for meeting minutes, press releases, newsletters, website and social media content, etc.
- A keen eye for detail, and ability to produce polished documents.
About the position:
- A competitive compensation package is available based on experience.
- The hours of work for this position will be 15 hours per week.
- Contract duration is from October 2021 to March 31, 2022 with an opportunity to extend subject to ongoing program funding.
- This is a contract position with the expectation that the contractor will be remote-based and provide their own equipment.
How to apply:
Please inquire via email to Andrea Wilkey, Executive Director, Community Futures Central Kootenay at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a summary of relevant experience and qualifications as well as hourly rate expectations.
Expressions of interest will be reviewed by September 20th and selected candidates contacted.