The Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) is a community-led immigration program designed to bring skilled permanent residents to rural communities. The goal of the program is to spread the benefits of economic immigration to communities outside of large metropolitan centres. The West Kootenay region has partnered with Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to develop a program that works best for our community by prioritizing skilled immigrants who intend to make the West Kootenay region their home.
Community Futures Central Kootenay is the RNIP service provider for the West Kootenay region. We are seeking qualified contractors to support the implementation of the program including Employer Liaison and Administrative Assistant.
The Contractor will perform the following activities including, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of RNIP including Federal immigration policy;
- Raise awareness of RNIP with West Kootenay employers;
- Promote the benefits of immigration to employers, to create welcoming workplaces;
- Conduct online, phone, and in‐person research to identify and prospect suitable RNIP employer participants;
- Be motivated and proactive to seek out companies and opportunities to promote RNIP;
- Identify and participate in business community events (both virtual and in-person as COVID safety requirements permit) within the West Kootenay, as needed;
- Participate in scheduled training sessions and webinars aimed at enhancing RNIP uptake
- Have a flexible schedule and travel to meet with employers;
- Perform the initial eligibility screening of identified potential employer participants;
- Create timely and appropriate introductions of the identified and pre‐qualified potential employers to the Regional Coordinator for further engagement;
- Communicate employer’s workforce needs upon referral to the Regional Coordinator;
- Perform regular check‐ins with Employers to improve uptake of RNIP;
- Report to the Regional Coordinator progress, opportunities, and challenges bi‐weekly; and,
- Produce and submit a monthly time tracking report along with an invoice by the 16th of each month throughout the contract period.
The ideal candidate will have successful experience related to the following:
- Business owner or business management experience
- Employer service programs
- Experience selling products/services in other jurisdictions, provinces or countries
- Federal Immigration programs
- Existing network and relationships with West Kootenay employers
- Ability to travel in the West Kootenay region
About the position:
- A competitive compensation package is available based on experience.
- The hours of work for this position will be 10 hours per week.
- Contract duration is from October 2021 to March 31, 2022 with an opportunity to extend subject to ongoing program funding.
- This is a contract position with the expectation that the contractor will be remote-based and provide their own equipment.
How to apply:
Please inquire via email to: Andrea Wilkey, Executive Director, Community Futures Central Kootenay at email@example.com and include a summary of relevant experience and qualifications as well as hourly rate expectations.
Expressions of interest will be reviewed by September 20th and selected candidates contacted.