The Nelson and Area Economic Development Partnership (NAEDP) is an innovative collaboration between the City of Nelson, RDCK Electoral Areas E and F, Community Futures Central Kootenay, and the Nelson & District Chamber of Commerce. It is guided by a strong and diverse Advisory Committee and its work on the ground is led by a Coordinating Committee.
The Partnership was formed so that local and community economic development opportunities in and around Nelson, British Columbia could be pursued jointly, efficiently, and effectively. This unique model for economic development is an alternative to the traditional EDO approach – and is proving worthwhile.
What we’re working on:
- Arts & Culture study on COVID impacts, recovery recommendations and sector economic value
- COVID-19 support for Kootenay businesses
- Supporting growth of technology sector
Projects we support:
- Covid Rapid Response Team
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
- Business Continuity Planning
- Nelson Innovation Centre
- West Kootenay Boundary Community Investment Co-op
- West Kootenay Manufacturing Study